Mentoring Young Adults
Why do we need to be Mentoring Young Adults?
Calling All Parents
We need parents "who have a bedrock understanding of the doctrine of Christ and who will use that understanding to teach and help raise a sin-resistant generation. We need [men and] women who can detect deception in all of its forms." ~Russell M. Nelson, Christian leader
How do we build a Sin-Resistant Generation?
By teaching our youth to keep their covenant with God
It's Time to Restore the Birthright Covenant
What is a covenant?
covenant— in our scriptural context here, we are talking about an agreement between God and a person, or between God and a nation. It simply means that when we agree to honor God by obeying His commandments, we are keeping our covenant with God, and He promises to bless us with protection and liberty. If we break our covenant, we do not receive the blessings.
What are God’s Commandments?
- Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
- Thou shalt not make to thyself any graven images.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honour thy father and thy mother.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness.
- Thou shalt not covet.
Believe it or not, it’s that simple. Commandments are like signs along the road of life. They keep us out of the danger zones. When we keep His commandments, we are keeping our covenant with God. We are thus on the covenant path. The covenant gives us protection and liberty. So, Keep the Commandments. In this there is safety and peace.
 Exodus 20:3-17
The story in Genesis about the birthright teaches us how Jacob— the brother who kept his covenant promises to God—received the birthright blessings. His brother Esau, on the other hand, chose not to keep the covenant, and lost the blessings.
Birthright Covenant = Biblical Values →Generation → Generation ∞ Forever
Connecting with Jesus:
It’s A Way of Life!
“Come, follow me,” the Savior said. Then let us in his footsteps tread.
If we, throughout eternity, Obey His words, “Come, follow me. . .”
Then when we’re freed from present cares, with our Lord we would be heirs.
- 4% of Millennials (18-29-year-olds) held beliefs consistent with biblical teaching. (February 2017 Barna survey)
- 17% of adults ages 50 and above held to those same Christian teachings. (Same survey)
What Can Be Done?
Building a Firm Foundation of Faith, Step by Step
Step 1. An Ounce of Prevention
Sadly, many have fallen prey to substance abuse. But there is something we all can do. It’s as simple as eating family meals together. Family meals were a solid tradition since biblical times (Deuteronomy 6:6,7)until recent decades, with the advent of drug trafficking, television, electronic devices, and atheism in the schools.
God’s Word gives us the answer:
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: AND THOU SHALT TEACH THEM DILIGENTLY UNTO THY CHILDREN, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. ~Deuteronomy 6:6,7
Even the world confirms temporal benefits:
According to the Center on Addictions and Substance Abuse (CASA), children who eat family meals together:
- Abuse drugs less
- Eat healthier meals
- Perform better in school
Step 2. Restoring Our Biblical Heritage
To think that young people today could long for a resurrection of “full communism” just reflects how little they know about history. “History repeats itself,” writes British poet Steve Turner. “It has to. No one is listening.” ~Dr. Jerry Newcombe
“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” ~ George Orwell
At our blog, the following posts explain—
- History Timeline: From Cold War to Culture Wars. How our Judeo-Christian culture was transformed to atheistic humanism without our noticing. How the Zion Culture Center came to be.
- Who Stole Your Children’s Birthright? How America sold her birthright.
Step 3. Home Academy—Mentoring Young Adults for Leadership Skills
IT IS SO OBVIOUS THAT THE GREAT GOOD AND THE TERRIBLE EVIL IN THE WORLD TODAY are the sweet and the bitter fruits of the rearing of yesterday's children. As we train a new generation , so will the world be in a few years. If you are worried about the future, then look to the upbringing of your children. ~Gordon B. Hinckley
Mentoring Young Adults with Epic Literature
The Birthright Covenant Trilogy:
An Allegorical Journey that is Relevant to Today, and to All Generations
Each book teaches gospel principles and biblical worldview, woven into a compelling and engaging epic story. Critical thinking questions are also available to help parents in mentoring their young adults.
Now Available Here!
What to expect with our Mentoring Resources.
PLEASE NOTE: When you sign up for tips, you may need to check your promotion tab or someplace other than your regular inbox. Just move it to your inbox and it should arrive properly.
- Weekly letters. For easy planning by busy parents. Ask your teen to lead a chat!
- Current and upcoming dinner topics. You can choose topics most relevant for your family.
- Topics include: art, book reviews, character education, critical thinking, gospel teachings and quotes, history, monthly themes, music, and stress relief tips.
And Yes . . . Current Events.
We can't close our eyes to reality, can we? We must be aware of the world's insidious immorality, and how it opposes the Word of God. This is where the critical thinking comes in, so we can avoid being deceived by the father of lies. Fake news will be sifted out, so we can focus on teaching important TRUTH, in the Biblical Worldview.
And Teach It We Must. Why?
A Christian youth leader gives us the answer:
I worry that we live in such an atmosphere of avoiding offense
that we sometimes altogether avoid teaching correct principles.
If we don’t teach our children and youth true doctrine—and teach it clearly—
the world will teach them Satan’s lies. ~Bonnie L. Oscarson
It's as easy as eating dinner . . .
Sign up here for FREE weekly dinner topics, mentoring resources
UPDATE on Birthright Covenant Trilogy
- UPDATE on Volume 1 of the Birthright Covenant Trilogy, Escape to Faith and Freedom: NOW AVAILABLE HERE for Young Adults (and parents). Meet the Memorable Characters HERE
- Please Note: This subscription is double opt-in. If you do not see your confirmation email in your inbox, please check in Promotion tab, or in spam, then kindly white-list us. Thank you for joining us.